Thursday, April 5, 2012

Update

This could be a long one. Just FYI.

Recently, one of my very bestest friends left on a mission. He is now in the MTC. It is so cool to see how excited he is to serve the Lord for 2 years. What I have learned: 2 years is NOT a long time! For how much the Lord blesses us every day in everything, it is the very least we can do. Young Men, please do everything you can in your power to get on a mission! Don't let ANYTHING keep you from going. Young Women, do NOT keep a guy from going on his mission. Every young man needs to go on the mission and build his testimony. Girls, if you want to go, great. If you end up not going, fine. JUST LET THE YOUNG MEN GO.

Also,  I have one job now. And it is perfect for me!! I work at a bakery and am a cashier. My boss is awesome, my coworkers are great, the pay is swell and I get all the hours I need. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! The only hard thing is balancing work with school. I am in my last month of High School, and it is i-n-s-a-n-e. But, it's good college prep. :)

College....I got into the apartments I wanted. I don't remember if I told you that. And I'm still trying to get the money to go.

BOOK RECOMMENDATION!! I just finished the book Left to Tell: Discovering God amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibigiza. SO. Incredible!! This woman goes through unbearable things, and yet she grows closer to the Lord and learns the power of forgiveness. She is one INCREDIBLE lady!! If you ever get the time, I would totally read it. :)

So that's what's going on. It wasn't very long, but it's something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment