Watch the video first. Then come back and read this post with the video still fresh in your mind.
Okay, now that you're back, I will continue.This is a great video I saw in seminary the other day. It helped me realize that service doesn't have to be something big and worthy of compliments. It also reminded me of the book I mentioned, Do Hard Things. People (me included) tend to talk ourselves out of service with sayings such as, "It'll take to long," "It'll be weird," "I won't know what to say," "I'm too busy" and the like. But if we can just humble ourselves before the Lord and have faith in Him that service is the right thing to do, and we can sacrifice that mush time for Him and all he has done, then we will make a difference and change the world. Service doesn't take competence. It takes character and collaboration. Keep that in mind when you watch this video again, and see if you get anything different out of it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment