With last weekend being September 11 and all, I thought it would be appropriate to express my feelings on this subject.
When the planes crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, I was about 7 years old, and at school. During recess (which I think came early because the teachers went to go see what was going on), a girl told me that planes had broken a building. Of course, it was sad, but I thought, like Lego's, the building could be put back together. It actually wasn't until this year, on the 10th of September (2011) that I actually saw footage of this disaster. It never hit me until today when I watched a video of the 2nd plane crash into the tower and see the explosion and hear the people crying and screaming in fear as their building collapsed to the ground the terror and magnitude of this event.
What this made me think of was that there was approx. 3,000 people that worked in those buildings every day. There were innocent bystanders who were caught under the rubble. There were 2,500+ families missing someone at their dinner table each night. (2,977 to be exact) Without a doubt, this is horrific. No parent should have to bury their child, no toddler should have to bury a loved one. The good to come out of this (if anything) is that God didn't leave us in our sorrows; He helped us.
For you Christians out there, you should know of the famous painting of Christ that shows him knocking at a door with no handle. The doctrine is, if we want Christ in our lives, we must open the door and let Him in. As soon as those families had been affected by this, the Lord started knocking. For those 3,000 families, the Lord was there if they would just answer the door and let Him in.
The same goes in our lives. If there is anything that we need help with in this life, whether it be an addiction, a death, or even just school, the Lord IS knocking. He is just waiting for you to open the door so He can help you.
May we ever remember and learn from this tragic experience, and may we forever remember our Lord.
(And yeah, I did write this. :D)
When the planes crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, I was about 7 years old, and at school. During recess (which I think came early because the teachers went to go see what was going on), a girl told me that planes had broken a building. Of course, it was sad, but I thought, like Lego's, the building could be put back together. It actually wasn't until this year, on the 10th of September (2011) that I actually saw footage of this disaster. It never hit me until today when I watched a video of the 2nd plane crash into the tower and see the explosion and hear the people crying and screaming in fear as their building collapsed to the ground the terror and magnitude of this event.
What this made me think of was that there was approx. 3,000 people that worked in those buildings every day. There were innocent bystanders who were caught under the rubble. There were 2,500+ families missing someone at their dinner table each night. (2,977 to be exact) Without a doubt, this is horrific. No parent should have to bury their child, no toddler should have to bury a loved one. The good to come out of this (if anything) is that God didn't leave us in our sorrows; He helped us.
For you Christians out there, you should know of the famous painting of Christ that shows him knocking at a door with no handle. The doctrine is, if we want Christ in our lives, we must open the door and let Him in. As soon as those families had been affected by this, the Lord started knocking. For those 3,000 families, the Lord was there if they would just answer the door and let Him in.
The same goes in our lives. If there is anything that we need help with in this life, whether it be an addiction, a death, or even just school, the Lord IS knocking. He is just waiting for you to open the door so He can help you.
May we ever remember and learn from this tragic experience, and may we forever remember our Lord.
(And yeah, I did write this. :D)
No comments:
Post a Comment