Monday, March 12, 2012

In God's Time


I just got accepted into AppleTree Cove, the cutest off-campus housing ever!! But the story of how I got in truly shows that the Lord cares about me and my life.

On year ago Schuyler, Marianne and I, along with our mothers, went up to Logan for a USU tour. While there, we took a tour of some adorable apartments. From then on, I knew I wanted to live there. So we all got our applications in a year early.

I called them on Tuesday because Schuyler and I hadn't got our contracts (Marianne decided to go to a different school). They had lost our applications, and there was only 1 shared room left (what Schuyler and I wanted--and also the only way I could go to AppleTree), and we freaked out. We re-submitted our applications and I was told to call back on Saturday to remind the man in charge to bump us up.

On Saturday I called, and I was told that we should have a contract by the end of the day, or we would at least know if we could get in or not. I checked my email every 10 minutes, and it never came. Sunday passed. By this time I was discouraged. I felt like that is where I was supposed to live, and it wasn't working out. I didn't know what to do. This morning, I checked my email. There it was. I couldn't believe it! I jumped up and down screaming. To be frank, I freaked out.

The power of this simple story is that this didn't come exactly when I wanted it, but it came when I NEEDED it. The Lord was testing my faith a little bit. And it all worked out. In God's time.

Don't be frustrated if what you want isn't happening quite yet. The Lord has what you need planned for you. He cares for you and your goals just like He cares for ME and MY life.

No comments:

Post a Comment