Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"The Bubble"

Why, hello there! I am so sorry it has taken so long to get this posted. I have just been running around with my head cut off. Lame excuse, I know, but whatever. Lets get to the message.

I have spent the last 4 days out here in Novato and Petaluma California, and it has been AWESOME!! I have loved getting to see family again, being able to see the sun and feeling the warmth once more. One thing that I have noticed here is that here is a definite difference between here and Salt Lake City, Utah. The clothes are less modest here in CA, the language more crude and the Word of Wisdom diluted. This is what I call "The Bubble". More specifically, I call this "The Mormon Bubble". There is a definate difference between a converted Mormon and another person. Mormons dress differently. They speak differently. They eat differently. The act differently. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is definatley not a walk in the park, but it is so worth it! Just think of all the blessings you recieve from being a Mormon! You get the Holy Ghost. You get the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. You get a Ward Family. You get a Bishop who cares about you, and a Prophet who provides direct wisdom from God.

It is hard to have to work harder to fix immodest clothes. It is hard to stop swearing. It is hard to eat more veggies and less white bread. It is hard to be an example 24/7. But let me tell you a secret: IT IS WORTH IT! To be able to be baptized and be able to be married for time and ALL ETERNITY?! Who wouldn't want that?

I can promise that it IS worth it to live the standards of being a Mormon!

Remember, DO HARD THINGS and it will all be good in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment