Okay, here it goes. These are actual journal entries, so this is from ME. No cover-ups, and only a few adjective changes. I hope you still like me after this. XD
April 26, 2011-->Tuesday-->Elevation, Day 1-->7:40PM
"When I arrived, I felt scared," my journal reads. It's true; I was. "I don't really want to go rock climbing. I don't want to get out of my comfort zone. I don't wanna meet new people. I like my friends (so far, though, I am making some GREAT friends! I love it!)," Even as I write this I contradict myself about meeting new people, though. But I did meet some GREAT, AWESOME people at Elevation. "I still don't want to go rock climbing. But through the Lord I can do all things.
"During the service project, my pod was in charge of building a bridge across the flooded river ( all the original [bridges] were washed away.) I helped with pulling the rope, and I helped move a [giant] log. I could have done more, but I didn't know what to do to help that little bitty me could handle. The bridge is done now and it looks great! The work was worth it.
"Today, I learned one important thing. I learned that many hands make light work, for myself. (We cleaned up the whole portion of the canyon were in [in only 2 hours!]).
"I also learned to be myself around new people--and they like me. :)
"'Trials don't tear me down, they build me up.' --Bradley Young.
"One thing I want to be better at tomorrow is: Giving 100% of me in whatever I do."
There is day one. Very exciting....
No comments:
Post a Comment