Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quick Note

This is just a quick note of some things that have been running through my mind today. In dance today, Danny said that all of us were all leaders and teachers, and that we need to teach people. And I know that I only have 6 followers on this blog, and 2 of them are related to me, that I am (hopefully) teaching you people in some way. It is definitely helping me in so many ways!I am learning so much more about myself, God, and the world around me. Because I seek things to write on this blog, I feel that I am blessed with more knowledge to write down.

Today in dance, we talked about competition and what we gained from it. We watched our performances from everything and we learned a lot. Then, in technique, we talked about [first] where we wanted to go from there, and [second] what we liked about dance, about the basics of Silhouette Ballroom and why we do it. We don't do to win trophies. We do it to become who we are, and to learn about God and other people. In technique class today, we all sat in a circle and went around and all said why we came to dance. Time and time again it was said, "Because this is the only place I'm excepted/wanted/loved/cared about," "Because I learn so much about myself and others," and "Because I don't know where I would be without it." And it made me realize that sometimes God places us in the lives of others for a reason, and we don't know why, or at least not immediately. Tricia has been teaching dance for 4 years now, and she [probably] didn't know why she went through all the stress and the work for these kids. Now she does. Danny probably didn't know why he worked non-stop for these kids, and busied his life even more for them. Now he does. This just goes to show how much of a difference you can make in someone else's life just by following the Spirit. If we can just learn to follow the Spirit, we can learn to change others' lives and also learn to follow the Lord no matter what. Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone followed every single prompting they got? Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment